Aging is a natural process that brings wisdom and fulfillment. However, the process has tangible effects that you often do not desire. Signs of aging are evident on your face as you grow older, even though you try to hide them. Most people are afraid of wrinkles and sagging skin. If they start to appear, you might want to research the option that will keep them at bay a little longer.
For many people, cosmetic procedures to curb anti-aging are the next step. The main hassle comes in choosing the right facial anti-aging procedure. Facelift, fillers, and Botox are the main procedures. When deciding on which method to choose, some differences occur.
You should choose a cosmetic procedure that addresses all of your concerns. Most methods only address some of your problems and not all of them. Here is what each procedure offers.
- Botox: Botox functions as a muscle relaxer. Thus, you can use Botox to smoothen muscles such as frown lines, worry lines, and pursed-lip wrinkles. Botox does not restore volume to the face, neither does it lift sagging skin. When combined with thermal fillers, Botox can fix some of your aging issues.
- Fillers: Filler treatment is a dermal injectable. The injection contains calcium, hyaluronic acid, or collagen. The injection eliminates wrinkles, raises scars, and enhances lips. Facial fillers range from temporary treatments to long-lasting solutions.
- Facelifts: A facelift, on the other hand, can address all your worries at once. It eliminates sagging skin and loosens facial muscles. If you’re interested in getting rid of your sagging muscles and wrinkles, a facelift is better.
The recovery time for each procedure differs and can therefore affect your choice.
- Since Botox is non-surgical, many clients tend to prefer it. Botox is quick and painless. Thus, you can return to your daily activities immediately after the procedure. Clients with fewer aging concerns benefit from faster recovery times.
- Once a filler is injected, the recovery time varies between the patient and the type of filler used. Mostly, you can resume your daily activities immediately. However, doctors recommend that you refrain from any physical activity after the session for 24-48 hours.
- A facelift is an invasive procedure. The recovery time can range from a few weeks to a few months. This recovery time is necessary for the swelling and scarring to diminish. Facelifts require daunting commitments. If your doctor recommends facelifts over Botox, do not be afraid of the recovery time. For better results, you can ask your surgeon to consider combining Botox and dermal fillers.
After recovery, the other trade-off is the permanence of the procedures. Botox and fillers often mimic the effects of facelifts. After a Botox procedure, you need another treatment after 3-4 months. Once you select Botox, you will require regular appointments with your surgeon.
Facelifts, on the other hand, will last for 8 to 10 years. If you qualify for a facelift procedure, invest your time and funds on it. As you age, your skin will look years younger.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION TODAY!
A professional consultation by one of our Licensed Nurse Injectors is a service we provide for all potential patients. Virtual consultations are also available. To learn more, call us at 855-810-8425 or visit our Contact Us Page.