Choosing the Right Breast Implant for Your Augmentation Surgery
01 May 2020 Choosing the Right Breast Implant for Your Augmentation Surgery
When considering breast augmentation surgery, there are several factors which you should take into account when choosing the right type of breast implant. There are materials, texture, size, shape, and projection.
The material options available to you include:
- Saline Breast Implants – These are implants filled with sterling saline.
- Structured Saline Breast Implants – These are similar to saline implants, with the addition of an inner structure intended to make the implant feel more natural.
- Silicone Breast Implants – These are implants filled with a silicone gel. These feel the most natural.
- “Gummy Bear” Breast Implants – These are from stable implants that will retain their shape even if the implant shell is broken.
- Smooth Breast Implants – These are the softest implants and can move within the breast pocket, creating a more natural movement post-surgery.
- Textured Breast Implants – These implants create scar tissue within the breast pocket to make them less likely to move or reposition after surgery.
The size of your implants will depend on the look that you wish to achieve, the size of your frame, and the shape and projection of the implant that you choose. It is best to discuss this with your surgeon, as your surgeon will be the one best versed in how to achieve the results that you desire.
- Form-stable Breast Implants – These implants have a distinct shape or form, often being fuller at the bottom of the breast than at the top for a more natural look. However, additional procedures might be required if the implant rotates after the initial placement.
- Round Breast Implants – These implants are uniform in shape and offer a fuller look than some form-stable implants. They also have the additional advantage of not suffering from problems if the implant rotates after placement.
- Low Profile – This projection is recommended for patients with a wider frame. They have the least amount of forward projection.
- Moderate Profile – This projection used to be the default prior to the development of different projections and is recommended for women with narrow chests.
- Moderate Plus Profile – This projection that is recommended for women who want a little more fullness, yet don’t like the look of a high-profile implant.
- High Profile – This projection allows women with smaller chests to achieve more forward projection while using a smaller-size implant so that there are no unnatural effects.
Be sure to review all of your options with your surgeon. Your surgeon can advise you on whether some of your preferences do not fit your body type or size. Your surgeon can also provide the most up-to-date knowledge of any concerns with materials. Being informed going into this appointment with your surgeon will go a long way in ensuring that you receive the results that you are seeking.
DISCUSS YOUR AESTHETIC GOALS WITH OUR BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEONS
Our patients’ health and well-being are a top priority in our practice. Contact us at 844-338-5445 or use the online form to schedule your virtual consultation and receive a preliminary evaluation of your proposed treatment plan. We look forward to meeting you and discussing your cosmetic goals as we remain hopeful that the COVID-19 pandemic will resolve quickly.
For further convenience, we are offering an online store for injections, products and treatments. Feel free to shop our most popular Medi Spa treatments and purchase Gift Cards.